The CompTIA Network+ (2009 Edition) certification is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of foundation-level IT network practitioners. The CompTIA Network+ certification ensures that the successful candidate has the important knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
What you will learn
During the CompTIA N+ distance learning course you will learn:
- Networking Basics
- Wired computer-to-computer connections
- Network-to-network connections
- Wired Internet working devices
- Wired communication standards
- Security threats and mitigations
- Security practices
- Network access control
On-line Instructor lectures
Via the web (internet access is required) this course provides a comprehensive and effective learning solution that engages students with on-line lectures, white board discussions, industry expert demonstrations and hands-on lab simulations. Our complex and industry-leading labs simulate a R250 000 hardware, software, and networking laboratory. You will learn how to configure hardware, install drivers, manage operating system settings, and configure network devices, all within your browser.
Section quizzes reinforce your learning, while certification practice exams give you a realistic exam preparation experience. Know when you’re ready to take your IT certification exams using the course progress and achievement reports.
Students taking this course should have academic training with a CompTIA A+ certification. Internet access will also be required with each course using +-3GB.
|Course Name||Course Code||Price before bursary||Price after bursary*||Payment plan option available||Once off payment price|
|CompTIA N+||Course Code: CMT12O||R8,333||R5,000*||R625 over 8 months||R4,000|
|Study period: up to 12 months Registration fee: R1,000|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
We recommend the following requirements for a standard PC setup
- Personal computer with minimum 1GHz (x86) or 1.4GHz (x64) processor (2GHz or faster recommended).
- 1 GB of RAM or more (4 GB recommended; 8 GB enables you to host all the virtual machines specified for all the practice exercises in the book).
- 40 GB free hard disk space (60 GB recommended; 80 GB enables you to host all the virtual machines specified for all the practice exercises in the book).
- DVD-ROM drive or DVD-Writer drive.
- Super VGA (1,024 x 768) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device.
- Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Internet access
CompTIA Assessment and Award
Once you have successfully completed and passed your assignments you will be ready to write the exam. On successful completion of your external exams you will receive the internationally recognised CompTIA N+ Certificate.
The CompTIA N+ Course is externally examined at Pearson VUE Testing Centres. You will need to contact your nearest testing Centre two weeks in advance, before writing the external exams. Please note that your exam fees are not included in your tuition fee. Your exam can be booked online at http://www7.pearsonvue.com/
The Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is accredited by CompTIA.