The CompTIA Network+ (2009 Edition) certification is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of foundation-level IT network practitioners. The CompTIA Network+ certification ensures that the successful candidate has the important knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
- Networking Basics
- Wired computer-to-computer connections
- Network-to-network connections
- Wired Internet devices
- Wired communication standards
- Security threats and mitigations
- Security practices
- Network access control
Students taking this course should have academic training with a CompTIA A+ certification.
Study period: up to 6 months
We recommend the following requirements for a standard PC setup
- Personal computer with minimum 1GHz (x86) or 1.4GHz (x64) processor (2GHz or faster recommended).
- 1 GB of RAM or more (4 GB recommended; 8 GB enables you to host all the virtual machines specified for all the practical exercises in the book).
- DVD-ROM drive or DVD-Writer drive
- Super VGA (1,024 x 768) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device.
- Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista or Windows 7
- 40 GB free hard disk space (60 GB recommended; 80 GB enables you to host all the virtual machines specified for all the practical exercises in the book
CompTIA Assessment and Certification
Once you have successfully completed and passed your assignments you will be ready to write the exam. On successful completion of your external exams you will receive the internationally recognised CompTIA N+ Certificate.
The CompTIA N+ Course is externally examined at Pearson VUE Testing Centres. You will need to contact your nearest testing Centre two weeks in advance, before writing the external exams. Please note that your exam fees are not included in your tuition fee. Your exam can be booked online at http://www7.pearsonvue.com/
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is accredited by CompTIA.
|Course Name: CompTIA N+(CMT02N)|
|Price Before bursary||R10,000|
|Price after bursary||R6,000*|
|Once off payment price||R5,400|
|Payment Plan||R500 over 12 months|
|Study period: 6 months||Registration fee: R600|
|Course Name: CompTIA N+ & S+(CMTNS1)|
|Price Before bursary||R 16,333|
|Price after bursary||R9,800*|
|Once off payment price||R8,800|
|Payment Plan||R700 over 14 months|
|Study period: 12 months||Registration fee: R900|
|Course Name: CompTIA A+, N+, S+|
|Price Before bursary||R26,667|
|Price after bursary||R16,000*|
|Once off payment price||R14,500|
|Payment Plan||R800 over 20 months|
|Study period: 18 months||Registration fee: R1,500|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary