SAIOSH: Health and Safety Practitioner
This NQF L5 aligned course is suited for those already working in the OHS environment wanting to get a Professional Designation, or those who want to get into this exciting world. Competent students will be able to successfully do the following:
- Implement and monitor an OHS programme without requiring expert Health and Safety strategy, forecasting, budgeting or complex occupational health and safety plans.
- Produce OHS reports, basic accident trending reports and provide guidance on prevention of accidents and incidents.
- Demonstrate the inter-relationship between occupational safety, hygiene, health, fire, occupational medicine and general organizational management practice.
- Improve health and safety in the workplace by applying OHS theory and legislation in various contexts.
- Be able to do general health and safety audits.
- Implement general health and safety systems and programs, identify hazards and suggest control measures within, or to mitigate those hazards.
- Be able to do basic quantitative and qualitative risk assessments of identified hazards.
On successful completion of this course, and with proof of 2 years working experience in this field, students can apply for the Professional Designation of TechSaiosh (Technical Member) with Saiosh, the SAQA accredited Professional Body for Occupational Health & Safety.
With more than 6 500 Members Saiosh is the leading source of information and networking opportunities within the Occupational Health and Safety profession. Saiosh is the choice for OHS professionals and practitioners in Southern Africa, dedicated to the advancement of the OHS profession, through research, promotion, education, social development, training, guidance and strong relationships with other OHS organisations. http://www.saiosh.co.za/?page=saiosh_corporatevid
|Price Before Bursary||R17 500.00|
|Price After Bursary||R10 500.00|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
|1: Once Off Payment (No Registration Fee)|
|Once Off Payment Price||R9 600.00|
Once Off Payment
|2: Payment Plan|
|Registration Fee||R1 000.00|
|Payment Plan||R700.00 over 15 Months|
*Please Complete the form to get one of our Support Consultants to contact you regarding a Payment Plan
This course is accredited by Saiosh (South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
Need Help Choosing The Right Course?
Complete your details below and one of our Student Advisor will call you back