This course is a SASSETA Accredited course that covers the theoretical aspects of Body Guarding. In partnership with Ipeleng Risk Management Services (a leader in the VIP Protection Industry)
The learner will be required to complete the formative assessments and assignments. The learner will receive 4 Unit Standard books.
- Unit Standards 244317 – Provide Static Protection To Designated Persons.
- Unit Standards 244319 – Provide Close Protection To Designated Persons Whilst In Transit.
- Unit Standards 244327 – Pedestrian Escort to Designated Persons Within A Close Protection Environment.
- Unit Standards 244334 – Provide Protection to Designated Persons Whilst Enbussing or Debussing.
Theoretical Modules that will be covered are:
- Threat & Risk assessment
- Advance Work (SAP Team)
- Surveillance & Counter Surveillance
- Immediate Action Drills (IADS)
- Close Protection Vehicles
- Personal Escort Section
- Establishing an Operations Room
- Operational Orders & Briefings
- Venue Protection
- Improvised Explosive Device (IED)
- Unarmed combat
Following the successful completion of the theoretical section of this SASSETA Accredited course, practical training and assessments will be run by Ipeleng Risk Management Services every second month for a 10 day period, in their Randburg training centre. The fee for the practical training and assessments will be invoiced separately by Ipeleng Risk Management Services at a cost of approx. R8400
Practical Assessments that will be covered are
- Walking with the Principal (Walking Formations)
- Driving the Principal
- IAD’s – Attacks on the Principle
- Surveillance & Counter surveillance on Foot & with a Vehicle
- Protocol – Dining out with the Principal
- Resident Security Team – Guarding the Principals residence
- Communications – Message sending and receiving on Two-way radios
- Searching – Searching offices, venues and vehicles
- Route reconnaissance selection – linear maps and danger points
- First Aid – CPR with medical doll, gunshot wounds and fractures
- Physical Training – fireman’s lift & fitness assessment
- Unarmed combat – With and without weapons for CPO’s
The following affidavits need to be obtained and sent to Academy of York prior to commencement of this SASSETA Accredited course.
- Identity Document: Certified by SAPS.
- Valid Driver’s License (Code 08): Certified by SAPS.
- Firearms License(s) or competency certificate: Certified by SAPS.
- Firearms training certificates (SASSETA accredited) Certified by SAPS.
- Highest Academic Qualification: Certified by SAPS.
- CV from each learner.
- Age – 21 and 40 years of age
- Must provide a medical certificate declaring him/her fit for fitness training.
- Academic qualification – minimum of Grade 12 (Matriculation)
- Fully conversant in English (NQF Level 4 numeracy and literacy).
- Police Clearance Certificate (No criminal record)
- Indemnity and Waiver to be signed.
- Declaration of Confidentiality
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
Ipeleng Risk Management Services is registered with SASSETA Accreditation No 101989255317:
All you have to do to get started is to obtain the required SAPS certified documents, mentioned above, and register with us. You will receive your course material within 10 to 12 working days of registration, after which you start studying.
Assignments can be complete from the comfort of your own home and then sent back to the Academy of York for marking. Once you have successfully completed and passed your assignments you will be able to register with Ipeleng for your Closed Book and Observation Check Lists for assessment and accreditation.
|Course Name: Body Guarding (BGT01S)|
|Price Before bursary||R9,333|
|Price after bursary||R5,600*|
|Once off payment price||R5,100|
|Payment Plan||R350 over 16 months|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
”Thank you, Academy of York, for giving me an opportunity to improve myself and to become successful in my career. I have learned a lot over the past year, looking forward to studying with AOY again.”