SAIOSH Health and Safety Practitioner: This NQF L5 aligned course is suited for those already working in the OHS environment wanting to get a Professional Designation, or those who want to get into this exciting world. Competent students will be able to successfully do the following:
- Implement and monitor an OHS programme without requiring expert Health and Safety strategy, forecasting, budgeting or complex occupational health and safety plans.
- Produce OHS reports, basic accident trending reports and provide guidance on prevention of accidents and incidents.
- Demonstrate the inter-relationship between occupational safety, hygiene, health, fire, occupational medicine and general organizational management practice.
- Improve health and safety in the workplace by applying OHS theory and legislation in various contexts.
- Be able to do general health and safety audits.
- Implement general health and safety systems and programs, identify hazards and suggest control measures within, or to mitigate those hazards.
- Be able to do basic quantitative and qualitative risk assessments of identified hazards.
On successful completion of this course, and with proof of 2 years working experience in this field, students can apply for the Professional Designation of TechSaiosh (Technical Member) with Saiosh, the SAQA accredited Professional Body for Occupational Health & Safety.
Facilities Management: Optimal facilities management is the key to unlocking an organisation’s full potential, and it involves all aspects of the functionality of any workplace. This NQF L4 aligned course is recognised by SAFMA (South African Facilities Management Association), the SAQA registered Professional Body.
This course is made up of the following modules:
- Basic concepts of Facility Management
- Facilities Management Theory
- Characteristics of Facility Management
- Management functions within Facility Management
There are no entry requirements
Assessment and Award
This course will be assessed by means of a Summative Assessment assignment and there are no exams. A mark of 65% is required to pass these PMSA & SAFMA endorsed courses.
|Price Before Bursary||R25 833.00|
|Price After Bursary||R15 500.00|
|1: Once Off Payment|
|Once Off Payment Price||R14 250.00|
|PAY NOW and SAVE 10% on the COURSE FEE
*NO REGISTRATION FEES
|2: Payment Plan|
|Payment Plan||R900.00 over 17,2 Months|
*Please Complete the form to get one of our Support Consultants to contact you regarding a Payment Plan
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, SABPP, PMSA, SAFMA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
These courses have been endorsed by SAIOSH and SAFMA. Both are SAQA recognized professional bodies.
Need Help Choosing The Right Course?
Complete your details below and one of our Student Advisor will call you back