This programme is for people who are or want to be appointed as Health and Safety Representatives within the workplace.
Successful completion of this course will enable the learners to do the following:
- Demonstrate understanding and apply current health and safety legislation
- Conduct risk assessments within the working environment
- Prepare and conduct safety audits / inspections
- Ensure that staff adhere to the health and safety procedures of the workplace
- Demonstrate understanding and apply the functions of health and safety representatives
During this course, the student will cover the following Unit Standards:
- Monitor, report and advise on the application of safety and health principles regarding the movement of people and materials in and around a working place
- Conduct a continuous risk assessment in a workplace
- Conduct, report and follow up on a pre-use, safety and/or audit inspection
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant current occupational health and safety legislation
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of a safety and health management program in the workplace
- Describe the functions of the workplace health and safety representative
Study period: up to 9 months
Assessment and Award
Students will have to successfully complete a work based logbook, a portfolio of evidence and Final Knowledge Assessment. On successful completion of this students will be awarded an Academy of York Health and Safety Representative Certificate.
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is approved by Academy of York.
|Course Name: AOY Health and Safety Representative (HSR002)|
|Price Before bursary||R9,333|
|Price after bursary||R5,600*|
|Once off payment price||R5,100|
|Payment Plan||R350 over 16 months|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
”It was a great experience to study at Academy of York. It needs commitment to your study and working environment so that you can observe your career path. In terms of safety, now I do have a better understanding. All I can say is, thanks to Academy of York. I wish everyone can get the that opportunity. ”
”I really enjoyed studying with Academy of York and I received professional and excellent service from Valry Sekhu my student advisor,who was so kind enough to help me to register my course and Benjamin who was very helpful to me. Lots of thanks to Academy of York team”
”Joining was easy, the payments were manageable, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The course was easy to learn understand and complete I will definitely study with Academy of York again when the time comes and I will refer anyone to them had a very positive experience.”