National Certificate: Generic Management (NQF L5 SAQA ID 59201, LP 66069)
This accredited National Qualification teaches you to be an effective manager in any occupation. This is done by ensuring that the fundamentals of management are covered before moving on to the important roles of people management, operational management and skills development within companies.
- Apply the principles of knowledge management
- Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Select and coach first line managers
- Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards
- Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan
- Manage a diverse work force to add value
- Module 1: Generic Management Fundamentals
- Module 2: Relationship/People Management
- Module 3: Operational Management
- Module 4: Managing Skills Development
Study Period: up to 24 months
Matric or NQF L4 qualification in relevant role. Learners must also have a good level of English literacy and numeracy.
Assessment and Award
This qualification will be assessed by means of 4 Summative Assessments and one written Centralised Final Integrated Summative Assessment. Students must have achieved a competent grade in all 4 Modules before they may attempt the written Centralised Final Integrated Summative Assessment. Exam venues are available in all major South African cities (please contact us for specific venues and dates). Fees for the Centralised Final Integrated Summative Assessment are not covered within the course fee. The current SABPP fee is R1,350 and is subject to change. A minimum mark of 65% is required before the National Certificate can be awarded.
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is accredited by SABPP, South African Board for People Practices. The SABPP is a SAQA recognized professional body, and regulates statutory quality and standards for People Professions.
|Course Name: Generic Management: Code GMNCT2|
|Price Before bursary||R21,667|
|Price after bursary||R13,000*|
|Once off payment price||R11,900|
|Payment Plan||R650 over 20 months|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary