AOY Health and Safety Coordinator
This programme is designed for a person who currently is or wants to be involved in the administration and implementation of health and safety processes within the workplace. Following successful completion of this course this individual will be able to make recommendations on pertinent health and safety issues which may impact an organisations health and safety procedures.
The course covers the following Health and Safety Unit Standards:
- Conduct an investigation into workplace incidents
- Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Maintain and adapt oral/signed communication
- Monitor, report and make recommendations on the requirements applicable to permit to work systems in a working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the implementation of occupational health, safety and environmental legislation in the workplace
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
Students taking this course must have successfully completed the AOY Health and Safety Representative course.
Study period: up to 9 months
Assessment and Award
Students will have to successfully complete a work based logbook, a portfolio of evidence and Final Knowledge Assessment. On successful completion of this students will be awarded an Academy of York Health and Safety Representative Certificate.
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is approved by Academy of York.
|Course Name: AOY Health and Safety Coordinator (HSR003)|
|Price Before bursary||R9,333|
|Price after bursary||R5,600*|
|Once off payment price||R5,040|
|Payment Plan||R350 over 16 months|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary