This programme is designed for individuals who are currently working in environments which – by law – need to comply with health and safety legislation, or for individuals who wish to work in this field of study. Negligence of Health and Safety laws can lead to serious impacts on the workplace itself. This programme is also designed for students working within the Quality Assurance or Health and Safety Division within companies. Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Make recommendations for processes when working at heights, including working with hazardous substances
- Ensure that the workplace is complying with all health and safety legislation and processes
- Observe specific tasks to ensure compliance
- Conduct inspections / audits
During this course, learners will review and learn the following Unit Standards:
- Monitor, report and make recommendations pertaining to specified requirements in terms of working at heights
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to the preparation, conducting, recording and follow-up actions of a planned task observation in a working place
- Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace
- Monitor and make recommendations on the application of health and safety principles regarding hazardous substances in the working place
- Participate in the establishment, implementation and monitoring of a health and safety agreement
- Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of a safety and health management programme in the workplace
- Take action to address impacts on the environment
- Apply environmental management tools to assess impacts
- Conduct an investigation into workplace safety, health and environmental incidents
|Course Name||Course Code||Price before bursary||Price after bursary*||Payment plan option available||Once off payment price|
|Academy of York Health and Safety Practitioner||Course Code:HSP004||R7, 857||R5,500||R400 over 14 months||R4,950|
|Study period: up to 9 months Registration fee: R600|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
Assessment and Award
Students will have to successfully complete a work based log book, a portfolio of evidence and Final Knowledge Assessment. On successful completion of this students will be awarded an Academy of York Health and Safety Practitioner course.
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is approved by Academy of York.