SHE Representative SHER02
This HWSETA accredited programme, with 25 NQF credits, is for people who are or want to be appointed as Health and Safety Representatives within the workplace. Successful completion of this course will enable the learners to do the following:
- Demonstrate understanding and apply current health and safety legislation
- Conduct risk assessments within the working environment
- Prepare and conduct safety audits / inspections
- Ensure that staff adhere to the health and safety procedures of the workplace
- Demonstrate understanding and apply the functions of health and safety representatives
During this course, the student will cover the following Unit Standards:
- 120325: Monitor, report and advise on the application of safety and health principles regarding the movement of people and materials in and around a working place
- 120330: Conduct a continuous risk assessment in a workplace
- 120333: Conduct, report and follow up on a pre-use, safety and/or audit inspection
- 120344: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant current occupational health and safety legislation
- 259601: Participate in the implementation and evaluation of a safety and health management program in the workplace
- 259622: Describe the functions of the workplace health and safety representative
|Course Name||Course Code||Price before bursary||Price after bursary*||Payment plan option available||Once off payment price|
|SHE Representative |
|Course Code:SHER02||R15,000||R9,000*||R600 over 15 months||R8,000|
|Study period: up to 6 months Registration fee: R600|
*Prospective students need to contact Academy of York to determine if they qualify for a bursary
Assessment and Award
Students will have to successfully complete knowledge based assessments and practical work based activities on each of the Unit Standards. On successful completion of this students will receive an Academy of York Statement of Results Letter outlining the unit standards covered. Academy of York will apply to HWSETA on the learner’s behalf for the SHE Representative Certificate with 25 credits after which students will be uploaded into the national database.
The Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, HWSETA, SABPP, PMSA, CompTIA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College.
This course is accredited by HWSETA.